Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited produces bank notes and payment systems, passports and passport issuing systems, lottery tickets and electronic lottery games, postage stamps, securities certificates, shareholder communications, and other high security documents and related issuing systems. The Company markets its products to government agencies and authorities, as well as to institutional and other customers in more than 40 countries.
The company manages the St. Lucia National Lottery in the island of St. Lucia, through its wholly owned subsidiary CBN St. Lucia Inc.
We are looking for an Accounting/Finance Manager to work in our office located in St. Lucia.
As an Accounting/Finance Manager, you will lead the finance/accounting department to prepare financial statements, support business growth, analyze financial information, customer satisfaction and development of operating plans and forecasts.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will assist in the month end closing process, preparation of monthly financial reports, operational forecasts and other special projects. You will be responsible for:
- Preparation and analysis of Profit & Loss reports
- Preparing/overseeing accounting functions
- Recording monthly journal entries and accruals
- Reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Coordination of financial record keeping as needed and other special projects as required
- Formulate accounting procedures, controls and policies
- Provide technical accounting support
- Overseeing and managing agent payments and posting of collections to agent accounts.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable management
- Supervision and management of accounts staff
- Work with internal and external auditors
The qualified candidate will possess:
- BS in Accounting/ Finance or Accounting designation
- 7 years proven experience in accounting and financial analysis at a senior level
- Knowledge of tax laws of St. Lucia.
- Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Familiarity and experience with ACCPAC would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary accounting team
- Energetic with interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
To apply, please send a cover letter along with your curriculum vitae to:
CBN St. Lucia Inc., Gablewoods Mall, Sunny Acres,
P.O. Box GM996, Gablewoods North P.O., Castries LC02 501
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also note that applications received after 30th June 2017 will not be acknowledged.